Want to get to know me? Here’s fifteen facts about myself.
- I studied Film & Broadcasting with Irish at Dublin Institute of Technology (2013-2018) where I was awarded a 2.1 degree.
2. For my final year project, I created a radio documentary called The New Poets of Dublin. I won ‘Radio Production (Arts & Feature)’ at the Smedias 2019 for the documentary.
3. In 2017, I completed the Learning Waves Radio Presenter Bootcamp with modules covering a range of aspects of radio from social media to news-reading.
5. In May 2018, I became a presenter at FRQ.
6. From April to July 2018, I produced the podcast series Up To 90 for HeadStuff.
7. As an Irish speaker, I worked with Advenworks to voice the ‘Teach Me Irish Gaelic’ app.
9. From September 2019 to January 2020, I was a production assistant on Plan B on Spin 1038. This involved assisting with social, researching event and new music guides and writing web posts for podcasted content.
10. Editing is one of the tasks I enjoy most, whether it’s on Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Lightroom, Audition or ProTools.
11. I’m also familiar with After Effects and have a basic knowledge in it which has allowed me to create videos like FRQ’s cover video on Facebook.
14. I have an intermediate to advanced understanding of the YouTube algorithm. As a part of my degree, I wrote a minor dissertation assessing TG4’s SEO practices on YouTube.
15. From 2014-2018, I created YouTube videos which developed a range of my skills including scripting, presenting and editing. In 2016, I won the award for Best Vlog for my work on YouTube at the Littlewoods Ireland Blog Awards.